This 3rd Shift position will focus on the Sanitation side of the Manufacturing process at Brewster Cheese- Stockton, IL.
9:00 PM start time Sunday- Thursday, weekend work required every 5th weekend.
Bachelor of Science of equivalent in Science and math fields, Preferable experience in food production and Sanitation. Cheese plant and/or sanitation experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate Leadership and problem solving skills, attention to detail, results orientated, energetic, self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player is a must.
- Applicant needs to have computer experience along with Microsoft Office and Outlook experience.
- Achieve goals of production volume, quality, safety and cost reduction
- Provide leadership and guidance to employees for the purpose of increasing their overall effectiveness relationship.
- Monitor employee morale and settle disputes within the department
- Execute velocity checks, cleaner strength programs, drain cleaning program, brush control program, CIP filter program.
- Oversee Period Cleaning Program (quarterly) and Ceramic inspections (annually)
- Maintain a plant CIP preventative maintenance schedule
- Understand hydraulics of the CIP systems
- Understand and verify a properly working CIP system
- Review and optimize program for cleaning (ie.. timing, valve pulsing, chemical ranges and strengths)
- Manage the use of chemicals
- Understand the cheese making, Whey Evaporator, RO and Brine UF processes, throughout the manufacturing process.
- Build Customer relationships/partnerships
- Assist in maintaining employee records such as time card, absence and tardiness, overtime, discipline and safety.
- Assist in hiring of new Stockton production employees
- Document response to any incident, including proper reporting procedures, required timetables and notifications
- Understand and conduct Internal Audits
This position will be on the job training
Brewster Cheese is an Equal Opportunity, Tobacco and drug Free employer.
Full-time employees of Brewster Cheese enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to:
- Competitive starting wages based on experience with regular increases based on individual performance
- Insurance and supplemental benefit options
- 401(k) with an above average company match
- Paid vacation after 12 months worked
- Annual profit sharing contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
WAYS TO APPLY: