Cheese Plant Team Member
We're proud of our products, our people and our roots here in small-town Brewster, Ohio. Chances are, if you are buying Swiss cheese in the United States, it most likely came from Brewster Cheese. We produce for all of the major national brands and major retailers. And you could be part of that production!
Creating consistent, cost-effective, quality products is our top goal at Brewster Cheese. To achieve that, we employ a dedicated workforce and continue to embrace the newest technologies in the cheese-making field.
Do you love Swiss cheese as much as we do and want to be a part of an award-winning team? Apply for a job in our cheese plant today!
- Perform a variety of tasks in our cheese plant to aid in the manufacturing of cheese.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The successful applicant will work under the direct supervision of a Unit Leader or Area Leader.
- Perform the tasks related to the manufacture of cheese while following all safety guidelines.
- Properly perform additional job related duties or responsibilities as requested or required by the department supervisor, unit leader, area leader or plant manager.
Education and Other Requirements
- Candidate for this position must possess a high school education or equivalent
- Previous certification to drive a forklift preferred (will train if needed)
- Be able to lift/carry a minimum of 50 pounds for the duration of a shift
- Basic to intermediate computer skills are desired
- MUST have a valid driver’s license
- Good written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment under minimal supervision
Full-time employees of Brewster Cheese enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to:
- Competitive starting wages based on experience with regular increases based on individual performance
- 2nd shift - $1 shift differential
- Insurance and supplemental benefit options
- 401(k) with an above average company match
- Paid vacation after 6 months worked
- Annual profit sharing contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Onsite Health Clinic/Fitness Center and certified trainer
Apply for a Position as a Cheese Plant team member Today
If you meet the requirements listed and you think you’d enjoy the duties and responsibilities of being a cheese plant team member at Brewster Cheese, apply today! We’d love to welcome you to the team.