Specialty Foods Operator
Mmm, Swiss cheese. We produce more than 100 million pounds of award winning, all natural Swiss cheese each year. We love what we do and, of course, we love to #makeitswiss. Yeah, we know, we’re cheesy.
But we don’t just make cheese! Whey is a by-product of cheese-making that forms from the curds produced during the heating and cooling processes. Years ago, that whey used to be discarded as a waste product of the cheese-making process. Can you imagine?
Whey is now a well-known ingredient packed with protein and essential amino acids. It is used to make protein powders, infant formula and more. We save and process all of the whey created in our cheese-making process and offer lactose and whey protein concentrate products.
Do you find the cheese-making process interesting? You could be a part of our award-winning team! Apply for a job as a specialty foods team today!
Assist in the processing of specialty foods such as our whey protein concentrate products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all equipment related to whey processing, including (but not necessarily at the same time) evaporator, separators, pasteurizer, ultra-filtration, dryers, alpha heating system and all inner-related steps to ensure a quality end product.
- Must have working knowledge of semi-skilled duties.
- Review gallon record accuracy of equipment processing systems.
- Monitor levels of tanks to prevent item run-over.
- Clean equipment and surrounding area to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Perform additional job-related duties or responsibilities as requested or required by immediate supervisor
Education and Other Requirements
- Must have a high school education equivalent and the ability to pass a position relevant examine
- Previous food plant experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of maintenance work is desirable.
- Analytical skills, as well as the ability to recognize cause and affect relationships, are a plus
Full-time employees of Brewster Cheese enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to:
- Competitive starting wages based on experience with regular increases based on individual performance
- 2nd shift - $1 shift differential
- Insurance and supplemental benefit options
- 401(k) with an above average company match
- Paid vacation after 6 months worked
- Annual profit sharing contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Onsite Health Clinic/Fitness Center and certified trainer
Apply for a Position as a Specialty Foods Operator Today
If you meet the requirements listed and you think you’d enjoy the duties and responsibilities of being a specialty foods team member at Brewster Cheese, apply today! We’d love to welcome you to the team.