Maintenance Position-Entry level
Brewster Cheese, the country’s largest Swiss Cheese Manufacturer, is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic-Entry level to join our team in Stockton, IL. This is an hourly position, overtime paid over 8 hours per day, weekend rotation required.
Position: Maintenance Mechanic-Entry level
Position Purpose: Under the direction of our Maintenance Manager, the role of this position is to ensure the efficient operation and support of our 24/7 manufacturing schedule of high quality cheese and whey products, in Stockton, IL. The successful applicant will be part of a team of 8 Maintenance Mechanics and/or Technicians.
- General knowledge of boiler operation
- General knowledge of ammonia systems
- General knowledge of process equipment
- General knowledge of HVAC equipment
- General knowledge of pneumatics & hydraulics
- General knowledge and skill in steel and stainless steel fabrication and sanitary welding.
- Insure daily and periodic system backups are performed.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge of PLC’s helpful
- General knowledge of shop equipment
- Weekend rotation/on-call to troubleshoot and correct plant problems, as needed
- Perform additional job related duties or responsibilities as requested or required by the immediate supervisor.
Skill and/or Qualifications: Candidate for this position should have maintenance work experience in a cheese manufacturing facility. Must be able to lift 75 lbs, climb ladders, wear a respirator, pass a pulmonary test, read and follow directions in repair manuals and read and understand schematics and blueprints.
We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term & long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with Company match, profit sharing and much more.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to: (no phone calls please).
Human Resource Manager
300 W Railroad Ave.
Stockton, IL 61085