Cheesy Treasure Muffins
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Makes: 8-10 servings
Turn up the flavor with these delicious cheesy, bacon and green onion filled muffins! With a bite of spice in each muffin, these are sure to be a crowd favorite.
- 2 cups lobster meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups self-rising cake flour, unsifted
- 2 cups green onions, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Jalapeño Jack or Colby Jack cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix egg, milk, butter and sugar. Slowly stir in flour.
- Fold in the green onions, bacon, Swiss cheese and 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Fill muffin compartments 1/3 full.
- Place one cube of Jalapeño Jack cheese in middle of each muffin compartment on top of batter.
- Continue to fill muffin compartments with batter until 2/3 full.
- Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.