Creamed Lobster & Swiss Cheese English Muffins
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Makes: 6 servings
The delicious combination of cheese, lobster and English muffins is sure to become a family favorite!
- 2 cups lobster meat
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- to taste Tabasco sauce
- 6 English muffins
- 4 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbs melted butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- to taste pepper
- Flake lobster meat; stir in Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Add enough white sauce to lobster mixture to make a stiff mixture.
- Toast buttered muffin halves under broiler until lightly browned. Cover muffin halves with lobster mixture.
- Sprinkle each with a little shredded Swiss cheese and buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes, or until bread crumbs are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in flour until well blended and smooth. Gradually add milk and stir until thick and bubbling.
- Season with the salt and pepper. Use in creamed lobster (above).