Ham, Asparagus & Swiss Quiche
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 50 min.
Makes: 6-8 servings
Savory ham, asparagus and cheese are the perfect combination for your next brunch! Bursting with flavor, your friends and family won’t be able to resist!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 large leek, sliced (heavy green tops discarded)
- 8 oz. fresh asparagus spears (chopped)
- 8 oz. ham, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- 8 oz. swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using a 10in quiche pan, prepare the pie crust according to instructions for a one-crust pie. Trim excess dough and refrigerate.
- Sauté leeks and asparagus in butter over medium-low heat until tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Add ham and cook mixture until heated through. Remove skillet from heat and stir in tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, half & half, nutmeg and hot sauce.
- Place vegetable and ham mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Add cheese and pour egg mixture over ingredients.
- Bake at 375° for 45 to 55 minutes.