Mmm, Swiss cheese. We produce more than 100 million pounds of award winning, all natural Swiss cheese each year. We love what we do and, of course, we love to #makeitswiss. Yeah, we know, we’re cheesy. We’re proud of our products, our people and our roots here in small-town Brewster, Ohio. Chances are, if you are buying Swiss cheese in the United States, it most likely came from Brewster Cheese. We produce for all of the major national brands and major retailers. And you could be part of that production! Creating consistent, cost-effective, quality products is our top goal at Brewster Cheese. To achieve that, we employ a dedicated workforce to maintain our machines and tools needed for production. Are you a handy person with prior maintenance experience? Apply for a job as a maintenance technician today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), may include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of safety equipment, utilities, steam plant, electrical distribution, water treatment facility, sewage treatment equipment, cheese, whey and cutting room equipment.
- Maintain, repair and modify equipment as needed to ensure that product quality, consistency and schedules are met with minimum deviation from established norms.
- Works as a team with maintenance and production personnel to ensure continuity between shifts and departments.
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned or required by immediate supervisor.
Education and Other Requirements
- Willing to work second or third shift
- Prior experience in the industrial maintenance field
- Strong knowledge of electrical controls and PLCs
- Ability to read schematics-electrical and P&ID’s
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative with minimal supervision
Full-time employees of Brewster Cheese enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to:
- Competitive starting wages based on experience with regular increases based on individual performance
- 2nd shift - $1 shift differential
- Insurance and supplemental benefit options
- 401(k) with an above average company match
- Paid vacation after 6 months worked
- Annual profit sharing contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Onsite Health Clinic/Fitness Center and certified trainer
Apply for a Position as a Maintenance Technician Today
If you meet the requirements listed and you think you’d enjoy the duties and responsibilities of being a maintenance technician at Brewster Cheese, apply today! We’d love to welcome you to the team. Please apply at our main office.
Application for Employment
If a question does not apply to you, mark that question not applicable (N/A). Failure to answer every question may cause your application to be rejected.
We at Brewster Cheese Company are proud of our reputation in the marketplace and; therefore, are selective in hiring those individuals who will be contributing to our growth.
Our standards for quality and our concern for each employee's safety and health require that we will not hire or continue to employ anyone who abuses alcohol or illegal drugs. Therefore, fill out this application only if you meet these requirements.
BREWSTER CHEESE COMPANY IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer. ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, AGE, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR HANDICAP.